The First to Offer a Lead-free Plumbing System
In 2009, Uponor was the first to offer a lead-free plumbing system from inlet to faucet. Today, our flexible, durable, crosslinked polyethylene (PEX) tubing coupled with our proven engineered polymer (EP) and lead-free* brass fittings provide your home with a safe, clean and healthy system for transporting water.
And because Uponor plumbing systems do not use torches, glues, chemicals or solvents like traditional copper and CPVC systems, it provides another win for the environment — keeping dangerous chemicals out of our plumbing systems and groundwater.
Benefits of Uponor Lead-free PEX Plumbing Systems
- Meets national lead-free legislation
- Exceeds the U.S. Safe Drinking Water Act
- No use of torches, glues, chemicals or solvents that are bad for the environment
- Backed by a 25-year limited warranty on PEX tubing and ProPEX fittings
- Complete line of lead-free brass transition fittings, valves and wall boxes that carry the NSF us-pw-G marking for lead-free compliance
- Comprehensive EP fitting offering that contains zero lead
*Per NSF Annex G, lead-free products contain no more than 0.25% weighted average lead content on wetted surfaces.